Tuna Stuffed Pita Pocket
Who said nutritious meals need to be time consuming. Here is a nutritious, protein-packed recipe that you can whip together in minutes. The fact that is is baked makes it a perfect option for those cold winter days!
What you Need:
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounce) white tuna, water packed
- 4 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons reduced calorie salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pimento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 whole pita bread pockets, cut in half
Combine tuna, cheese, pimiento, onions, and salad dressing; stuff 1/4 of mixture into 1/2 of pita pocket. Place pockets in backing dish, cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 195 Calories, 25 g Protein, 16 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 4 g Fiber