It won’t be long and CORE’s Biggest Loser Challenge will be back and better than ever with some exciting new changes! This 12 week (yes12 weeks!) fitness challenge will kick off on Wednesday, January 12th, Say goodbye to teams, because this year participants will be competing as individuals! We also have partnered with Genesis Salon and Ensospa to put together some fantastic prizes, including a full makeover for the 2011 winner!
2010 Biggest Loser Challenge
The staff at CORE knows that sometimes it takes a little bit of motivation to lose weight or start that new exercise plan. CORE’s 2nd Annual Biggest Loser Contest gave teams the motivation they needed. This 10 week long fitness challenge ran from January 20 – March 31. It was a bigger hit this year than we had imagined, and I think it is fair to say that fun was had by all. Below are the top 3 winning teams, along with their thoughts on the contest.
We hope you will join in on CORE’s 2011 Biggest Loser Challenge!
Congratulations to the following teams!
First Place Team – Mutha Loads
Second Place Team – Weightless
Third Place Team – Flab Fighters
Final weigh-ins for the Biggest Loser contest need to take place at CORE. You can weigh in 15 minutes before or after most of our scheduled classes that day. If you need a special weigh-in time on the 30th please let Sarah know ahead of time and she can get one scheduled.
Scheduled Weigh-ins for Wednesday, March 31
Spring is here and strawberries are finally back in season! Mix them with a little soymilk, throw in a banana, and you have a flavorful, energy-boosting smoothie, and an easy breakfast solution for busy mornings.
Prep Time:5 min
Start to Finish:5 min
What you Need:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soymilk
- 1 bag (10 oz) frozen organic strawberries, partially thawed (or fresh if preferred)
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup calcium-enriched orange juice
- Honey, if desired
Targets: Shoulders, chest, and abs
- Lie faceup on floor with knees bent and feet flat, holding a dumbbell in each hand and bending elbows by sides so that weights are hovering above chest, palms facing in.
- Curl shoulder blades off floor, rotating to the right as you extend left arm across body until left hand is near right thigh, palm facing down.
- Rotate back to center, and without resting shoulders on floor, immediately rotate to the left, bringing right arm across body to complete 1 rep.
- Do 10 to 15 reps.
Targets: Shoulders, triceps, abs, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand in front of hips, palms facing in.
- Squat, bending knees 90 degrees, as you raise extended arms directly in front of you to shoulder level, palms facing down.
- Stand up, lowering arms and bringing them behind you as far as possible, palms facing backward. Return directly to squat position.
- Do 10 to 15 reps.